Thursday, October 2, 2008

Did you "ear" the news?

We drove to Billings this morning to first play at Target and then on to a doc appt at Billings Clinic with Dr Scott Price. Seems like a nice man and I checked him out with my neighbor Ted, who works up at Billings Clinic. Ted says he is one of the best ENT docs there. Anyway, Dr Price had alot to explain and he did so very well. I am fully convinced that we are making the right decision to have the tubes put in Emmett's ears. Emmett will be going in for the out patient surgery on Wednesday, October 29th very early in the morning. It should be pretty quick and painless. Emmett hated having his ears checked today. They put probes in his ears to take pictures and also to measure the soundwaves made by the movement of his eardrums(or something like that...I'm not an audiologist ya know! My friend Jenny majored in Audiology..maybe she knows?) Anyway, he was a pretty good boy today all things considered. I really stretched the limit with Target and Costco...I think he was so relieved to be home. I let him play in the dirt while I carried the boxes from Costco in the house. The little boy was in heaven(good thing cause we've got lots of dirt!).

Oh! I almost forgot..... I found blue crayon all over the dining room(into the living room) walls. I didn't catch him doing it so I could not punish him.......thank goodness for the Mr Clean magic eraser. I am not sure if you can see the crayon in the picture.....
So I decided to watch part of the VP debates. I had to stop. I could not take Palin any longer. She never seemed to answer any of the questions and I found myself thinking of Tina Fey from Saturday Night Live a few weeks ago. It was a really great impression and pretty dead on. If the old fart should kick the bucket, I would not want Palin to run the country. That's what I got from the minuscule portion that I watched and regret that I will never get that time back. I could have read the entire new Martha Stewart magazine that I got today...