Sunday, November 25, 2007

Holiday Whirlwind

Another holiday come and gone. I can't believe how quickly the days are passing. My parents and Chrissy came into town on Tuesday afternoon, after taking the scenic tour of Wyoming. They accidentally took a wrong turn and drove slightly out of their way. Not unusual, as we took many scenic tours as kids on family vacations. They eventually arrived and Emmett wasn't sure at first. It takes a few minutes these days for him to figure "new" people out. It was really great to see everyone, but my brother wasn't able to make the trip this time. We really missed him this past week(see you at Christmas!). Wednesday morning, Chrissy, Dad and I went to the rec center for some Pre-Thanksgiving calorie burning. Grammy got to have some one on one time with Emmett. Mom made her famous pumpkin and apple pies, while Chrissy and I drank Glog and watched. Thanksgiving was a feast, as we decided that one turkey was not enough and cooked a turkey breast as well. We have enough turkey left over to feed an army. I tend to go over board on side dishes. I think we ate green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing and three types of homemade rolls. Not to mention the ham, corn, and potatoes that we had the night before! We literally ate all week and Luke and I will be eating left overs for days to come. Emmett got his first taste of the holidays with a few mouthfuls of mashed potatoes. He seemed to enjoy them more than his turkey dinner in a jar. Who could blame him?

Who knew that we would ever wind up in Montana for Black Friday shopping? Chrissy, Mom and I hopped in the car at 6 am on Friday morning and drove to Billings for some after Thanksgiving shopping. I think we managed to make it back home by 5:30pm. I started to get a little worried when the temp was -5 on our way to Billings, but it warmed up to around 34 and didn't seem to affect our shopping abilities. Luke, Emmett and Dad stayed behind to hold down the fort.
I decided to set up our small Christmas tree since we won't be home for Christmas this year. It was in attempt to get a great photo of Emmett for our Christmas cards. I haven't scanned the 50 or so picture attempts yet to see if we succeeded. I guess you'll find out in the next few weeks in your mailboxes!