Saturday, October 6, 2007

New Beginnings

Here is the start of the rest of our lives...or at least the next few years! We moved to Cody on August 29th, 2007 and moved straight into our new home. It currently has three bedrooms and two baths. We still have some work to be done: major landscaping and finishing our basement. When all is said and done, we will enjoy a larger deck, some trees and grass, 2 more bedrooms and another bath, plus another area for all to enjoy-bar, TV and office. Otherwise we are all settled in. It has been a busy end of Summer/beginning of Fall....this is what we've been up to!
After we moved, we traveled back to Denver to be a part of the Geib/Koel wedding. We had a great time(lots! of wine and no kiddo-thanks Grandma Debbie. Sorry to the new Geib family.) Congrats to the newlyweds! When we came home, Luke started work at Wyoming Financial Insurance and I started my new career as a Domestic Engineer aka stay-at-home-mom. Luke and I joined the local rec center, where Emmett enjoyed his first time in the swimming pool. Emmett and I signed up for the Mom and Tot swim class. That was a blast (and I met a few other moms.) He is a water bug! We had our first visitors the last week of September. Chrissy and Ken flew up from Denver(yes, Cody has an airport). We all went for a drive to Yellowstone before it got to chilly. It was a nice fall day with the leaves beginning to change. We did not see a single moose, but plenty of other wildlife. We skipped the main attraction, Old Faithful, and opted for the aromatic Mud Volcanos. It is a different level of stinky. Then, my parents stopped by on their way home from their 10 week trip to Alaska. Talk about a full house...Joyce and Greg stayed in their trailer on the soon-to-be front lawn. Emmett was spoiled by Grammy who hadn't seen him in 2 months. He now enjoys every thing to be handed to him on a silver platter (and rocked to sleep). Now that they have all returned home, it's back to just the three of us. Emmett is trying to sit up, crawl, stand, walk, talk and sleep thru the night. He is a busy boy these days. His attempts to say DaDa are usually best when he is fussy or crying for Daddy at 3 am.
In that case, I think I can wait for Emmett to say MaMa for another few weeks.

The first snow has fallen on us this past weekend. The mountains on all sides of us have been covered in snow. The ground is bare but it made for beautiful scenery. This could be a long winter.