Monday, July 26, 2010

Jolene's birthday party

We had Jolene's b-day party on Sunday, which I think the adults had just as much fun as the kids.  Many bottles of wine and quite a few beers were consumed.  I assembled pizza crusts for each individual and then everyone topped their own with whatever they wanted.  I was worried that we didn't have enough crusts, but it turned out that the toppings didn't stretch as far as the dough did.  The kids loved it as well as the adults.  We moved on to cake right after pizza came out of the oven cause poor Jolene was on meltdown.  I think the excitement and so many kids and the lack of naps these days were all starting to take their toll on her.  We sang and gave out cupcakes to the kids and cut the cake for the adults.  It was fun but the entire evening was a bit of chaos.  Jolene opened a few gifts from friends and got two really adorable little dolls that she loves, but doesn't really know what to do with them yet.  I think because Emmett doesn't want to play with them, she kinda doesn't either.  She'll learn...




Emmett had a blast cause his friends were basically all there for the party.  At the end of the night, Dawn and I finished out the night on the front porch watching our two boys put on a show.  They sang.  They danced.  I recorded.  They will probably hate that this was recorded when they are about 17 or so...  I will give you a taste at the end of the blog(make sure you turn up your volume so you can hear the made up lyrics!).  Lots of pics=lots of fun!