Saturday, July 24, 2010

Team Anderson/Lamascus

Luke, Jessica and I competed in a Summer Sprint Triathlon at 6:45am this morning.  Our team name was "I'd Rather Be Drinking" and under the picture on our shirts was the leg of the race that you completed.  So Luke's t-shirt read" I'd rather be drinking than swimming."  Luke swam a 500 in the pool at the rec center, then sent Jessica off on a 13 mile bike ride, who then sent me off on a 5K run.  It turned out to be a beautiful day and we finished, but don't have the results yet.  I think finishing was an accomplishment in itself.  We will work next year to beat this year's time!   Jessica's parents came and cheered us on.  It was really nice to have a cheering section.  Our two families went and had breakfast at the Irma when we were all done.  It was a great morning.  I did however forget my camera as we were leaving the house at 6am this morning.  I will post pictures when Jessica and Kim send them to me.  Unfortunately, I have no pics of Luke swimming as they did not arrive until he was already finished and out of the pool!  Now we are getting ready for Jolene's birthday party tomorrow afternoon.  Gotta make cakes and pizza dough and maybe take a nap......