Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What a great trip!

We had a wonderful time in Denver last week. It started with the plane ride. Emmett had his first trip by plane and did very well. He cried the first half of the flight and then went to sleep for the rest of it, even thru the landing. I hated being that person sitting on the plane watching the other travelers walk by with their ticket in hand praying their seat was not next to mine. I got lucky by having a sweet older lady who was on her way to see her grandkids in arizona.
It was an adventure that I will do again, especially if Luke is along for the rise. I think having someone to travel with would allow Emmett to move back and forth between seats.
Grammy and Poppy's house was a great time. Emmett and Holly, their field retriever, had a good time playing chase. Emmett was always the one chasing. Joyce and Greg watched Emmett so I could go dress shopping with Emily, Jenny, Molly and Emily's mom Sherry. We found a great bridesmaid dress and had a fun lunch to follow. Then we met up with "the girls"- Kate, Julie, Chrissy, Sarah and Sam. We had a great time and many margaritas were consumed, as well as martinis. It was really great to reconnect with everyone. Chrissy and I went shopping in Denver the next morning, after a hangover breakfast. It was awesome to shop my favorites stores....Nordstroms Rack, I miss you already! By early afternoon I was missing the little one and we headed back to Loveland. My first night away from Emmett was totally worth it. I think I only called twice, and of course he was fine without me. Monday rolled around and back to Denver to close on the Littleton House. Yea!!!! It was fairly painless and quick. Nice to see the funds arrive from the sale. Mom and I got to have lunch with my brother Ken. It was really good to see him and we had a nice lunch. One more time back to Loveland. Luke surprised us by coming up a day early. He arrived at my folks' house on Wednesday night, just in time for wine and cards! Mom and I lost, but not without a fight. On Thursday, Luke, Emmett and I drove back to Denver to set up camp at the Canales Hotel. Thanks for letting us stay for the weekend! It was really great to see Emmett and Jack play and get to know each other. Jack's first birthday is April 7th. So the boys got to open a few gifts for their birthdays. We gave them matching cowboy boots(slippers). They were soo cute on the boys. Poor Jack was not quite feeling up to par until the day we left. Hope you are feeling better Jack. Emmett's birthday party was on Saturday and was so much fun. So many people came and we got the chance to briefly catch up with them all. Lots of kids and no crying. The children were so well behaved and so much fun to watch. Chrissy made Emmett a cake for him to tear into. He was maybe awestruck by all the people, cause he wasn't sure about the cake. He maybe touched the cake and tasted the frosting and that was about it. We are going to try cupcakes for his actual birthday this Thursday. We'll see what happens! He received tons of very cool gifts. We haven't even opened half of them. He just can't decided what to play with as it is. He will appreciated the spreading out of the gifts in the coming weeks.
Our trip home to Cody was very eventful. Emmett was very fussy and not sure what was wrong. We stopped in Casper for lunch and also bought a thermometer to check E's temp. He was running a 101 fever and so upset about it! His fever went away the next day and seems ok now. We think he is getting two more teeth up top. Yesterday, he drooled thru 3 tops and 4 bibs. Hope these come in quick. Pretty uneventful St. Patrick's Day. Luke met Mike for a beer after work, but came home to a screaming, crying baby and frustrated mother. We are going to try the addition of whole milk to his bottles today. Wish us luck.