Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Memories of Dad

Today is the 2nd year of Dad's passing. I had been holding up just fine until I got online. Chrissy had posted the video of her spreading Dad's ashes at the summit of Kilimanjaro and that's when the dam broke. The tears came flowing and the kids came running. They wanted to see what was going on. I can't tell you how many times I watched the amazing tear evoking video, but Emmett just wanted to see Aunt Chrissy! He didn't understand the content of the video. I finally just let him play his Elmo game and Jolene and I went upstairs so I could call Grammy. I needed to cry with someone who didn't speak gibberish. Mom's eyes were red enough on their own. I'm sure she didn't need me to add to the situation. Let me explain. Yesterday, Mom had gone thru a box that was left behind by the old homeowners. Something in the box caused her to have an allergic reaction. Her eyes we swollen shut and itchy blotches on her hands. She came over this morning to take Emmett to school and keep Jolene at her house so I could attend a water meeting for the association. She came into the house with really red, irritated eyes and explained. Maybe it was Dad's way of keeping mom busy so no one knew she was crying. Good work, Dad, good work. You always were a thinker.