Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day weekend

Saturday turned out to be a great day. It was supposed to be snowing and really cold, but fortunately it was sunny and upper 40's. I had signed up for the Montana Women's race up in Billings over a month ago(not really thinking about the weather at the time!) and was very happy to see the break in the snowy weather for the morning of the race. It was 2 miles and I am proud to say that I ran the entire thing(good for someone who HATES to run!) and in 10 minute miles. Not bad for the first race of the year. Luke and I are signed up for the Yellowstone race in Cody next weekend. Last year I was 7 months pregnant but now I just have to push a 10 month old in a stroller-much easier!

This morning for Mother's Day, I got to sleep in. Good thing since I had a few glasses of wine with our Mother's Day dinner last night. I also won in cards which helps the wine go down as well! Luke made me breakfast and the kids gave me cards. Luke also is giving me a yard(which is on hold- another story, another time!). I have had a great weekend and it's not over yet!