Monday, October 26, 2009

A glimmer of hope

Emmett has started to show some interest in the potty again. After talking with my girlfriend Jessica, I decided to try a different and new(maybe exciting to little one!) approach. Emmett got to watch cartoons in the living room on his potty. He was happy to give up his diaper and watch Halloween cartoons after we had lunch today. He sat there(on and off) for over two hours. Emmett had ring-around-the-butt he enjoyed his new "seat" so much. Not a drop off anything. So at naptime, he got a diaper and went down for his nap. I headed down to the treadmill to begin my workout and only ten minutes after I diapered my two year old, down the stairs comes Emmett. "Momma, I pooped my diaper!" He is, in every sense of the term, a stinker. He basically waited until he was in a diaper to poop. With that kind of control, he is definitely able to use the big boy potty- in my opinion. We are starting Potty Boot Camp on Sunday with a potty video, chart, stickers, prizes and Halloween Candy. Here's to no more adult poop diapers! Wish us luck.



Jolene is growing by leaps and bounds. She loves to try and stand, she's chatting(found her voice last week!), happily lays on her belly, and is fastly approaching time for cereal. Can you believe 3 months has come and will go just as fast!?