Wednesday, October 28, 2009

getting ready for Halloween

It's snowing...it must be getting close to Halloween! I "finished" Emmett's costume this afternoon. Originally, he was going to be a super hero and I had bought material to make a cape. The easier answer was a race car driver. Emmett is super excited to be a race car driver. "Best costume ever!" he says(a little premature, don't you think? It's only his second costume!). It is a pair of footed pajamas that don't fit him anymore so I cut the feet out and sewed them up. Easy. Done. I am sure there are a lot more costumes in the future that won't be so easy, so I'll take it this year.

Joey was making the funniest noises over the monitor during her nap, so I went in to check it out. I had run and grab the camera to document the first of many good dreams. She was laughing and grinning ear to ear. Never woke up. and it was probably her longest nap yet.