Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rainy day



















Today started out as a rainy day but with lots of rainbows. So I naturally put them in their long awaited raincoats that have been stashed in the back of their closets and took pictures! The kids loved screaming at the rainbows...like they were gonna go somewhere. "MOM! LOOK AT THE RAINBOWS!!" It sure made for a long ride to MOPS this morning. Things have been busy as usual. We are gearing up for Emmett's big birthday bash on Sunday. I got the OK to buy a bounce house for "family use". We had to make sure Emmett knew it was not HIS and he had to share with his sister. Jolene won't even go near the monstrosity, so I don't think he has anything to worry about. She sat on the stairs the entire time, basically screaming over the blower. Good times.
























I recently hosted a Philly Cooking Creme party from HouseParty.com. If you are not checking out this website, you are crazy. The send free fixin's to get the party started and they are normally pretty good. Besides coupons and cooking pamphlets, they sent me a Green Pan(skillet), tons of wooden spoons to hand out and lots of notepads. We had a great time. I turned it into a lunchtime playdate where about 10 of my girlfriends, whom all brought their children, ate and chatted while the kids ran the house. It turned out to be about 20+ kids! Again, good times!










































And then there was the 28 lb box of green beans! Bountiful Baskets sucks me in and I seem ti listen to my neighbor that "28 lbs to split is not THAT much"...bologna! I froze about 1/2 of my 14 lbs and have not had time to get back to the other 1/2! They still seem ok...maybe this weekend?